Need some motivation to get fit? We at AMG believe exercise should be as much about about having fun as achieving your fitness goals. So, we have two new classes on offer that are guaranteed to kick you into action. So, put on your walking shoes or grab your gym gear – the fun starts here!
Get up, get out and get walking
Our new 60-minute walking classes take place every Tuesday, starting at 8am.
Walking is one of the simplest ways to get active and stay active. As well as increasing your endurance, balance and lower body strength, walking has many other health benefits . It can help to manage:
- Heart disease – Walking for just 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week can halve the risk of heart disease, whilst also reducing stress, cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Diabetes – Only 30 minutes walking a day, 4 days a week can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by nearly 60%.
- Arthritis symptoms – Walking increases bone density and can reduce the pain of arthritis. It can also improve mobility, mood and quality of life without worsening symptoms.
- Dementia – Seniors who walk 6-9 miles per week are less likely to suffer from mental decline.
- Weight – Women who walk for 60 minutes a day, 5 days per week and consume no more than 1500 calories a day can often lose (and keep off) up to 25 pounds.
- Anxiety and depression – Walking makes you feel good, triggering endorphins and promoting relaxation. Plus, it’s a perfect way to spend time with friends or make some new ones!
Why not experience these amazing health benefits whilst enjoying the scenery of Old North in a safe and social way? For more information contact Sarah Langford by email, or call us.
Kick old habits, boxing-style
Our new 60-minute kickboxing classes take place every Thursday, starting at 5.30pm. Historically developed from karate mixed with boxing, kickboxing is a high-energy cardiovascular exercise that offers several benefits for both the body and mind. It’s also a great way to learn self-defense.
Like walking, kickboxing improves balance, strength, energy and endurance and assists with weight loss. The bonus is that kickboxing will take the results to the max! Additional benefits include:
- Improve coordination & posture – The speedy punches and kicks in every kickboxing routine improve reflexes and coordination skills. Plus, using your waist and abs for balance builds your core and improves posture.
- Achieves weight loss and muscle toning – Fitness Magazine reports that fitness kickboxing burns an average of 500–800 calories an hour! It also works several core muscle groups so you get a total body workout – fast.
- Ultimate cross-training workout – One kickboxing session can achieve the same goals as pounding the cross-trainer. Ideal if time is short or you can’t muster the motivation to go to the gym. And if you want to work a little harder, try wearing a pair of lightweight boxing gloves or wrist or ankle weights.
- Reduce stress, boost confidence – Box and kick away all of life’s stresses and strains. Many people report an improvement in mood and confidence for several hours after a kickboxing workout has finished!
The AMG 60-minute kickboxing classes start at 5.30pm every Thursday. Contact Lucas Iredale for more details
Be the fittest you can be
If walking or kickboxing are not right for you, we also offer classes in yoga, Pilates and spin. Or why not check out our state-of-the-art gym with its wide range of free weights and cardio equipment? Our fitness team can create personalized fitness programs to suit your unique needs and health issues. We offer:
- Goal-setting advice
- Advice on eating habits and nutrition
- Lifestyle coaching
- Medical consultations
With AMG’s support, you can become more active and make lasting changes to your health and lifestyle. Call us at 519 873 1700 to book your fitness evaluation today!